WHAT OUR CUSTOMERS ARE SAYING
Corn growers are rediscovering a host of benefits from growing up to date selections of open pollinated corn. The reason these open pollinated varieties are so reliable is because they have stood the test of time. Our farmers in the field will attest to their success.
It is understood that stalk length and yield is lower in open pollinated corn. We speculate that this is one of the reasons why we are seeing higher nutrition numbers. Our goal has been to select corn that will stand to harvest, and yield well while providing higher nutrition. We are accomplishing that goal!
- Our open pollinated varieties have improved standability and yield well.
- We are seeing 10-25% higher proteins than average and test weights in our open pollinated corn versus standard, high-dollar hybrids.
- The majority of customers randomly surveyed who are feeding open pollinated corn to animals testified to a noticed increase palatability of O.P. over standard hybrid.
- We offer certified, organically grown seed (in limited supply)
- We specialize in high producing, shorter day corn. Our location in the northeast at a higher elevation drives us to be sensitive to the needs of farmers with a short growing season.
Wildlife specialists are finding open pollinated corn a food of choice in their feed plots. especially for whitetail deer. Animals seem to know good nutrition when they taste it!
Notice the red kernels. This deer gut shows that although this deer had the option for many other crops in his radius, he chose to eat the OP corn.